Our team of artisans, directed by master bookbinder Andrea, lovingly handcrafts each timeless Epica Journal in Florence, Italy. Andrea has spent 15 years reconstructing writings from the Middle Ages after receiving a degree in historic bookbinding from the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage. One of Europe’s oldest paper mills produces the creamy, high-quality archival writing material used in our journals.
- Our museum-quality leather diaries are handcrafted with the highest-quality materials and meticulous attention to detail, and include:
- 1,000 cream-colored archival pages with deckled edges, hand-cut and hand-stitched (500 paper leaves)
- Rich, distressed Italian leather with handmade abrasions and subtle color marbling.
- Hand-pressed hardcover panels for long-lasting stability.
- A lovely gift and keepsake box adorned with a fleur de lis.
Epica journals are the ultimate luxury gift for writers and artists, and they will last for many years to come. With two sizes to select from – 8×10 or 11×15 – our journals are luxury, one-of-a-kind presents for both men and women.
We work hard at Epica to provide consumers with the finest handcrafted journals and photo albums and to guarantee that elegance pervades every element of our work, visiting Italy every year to create ties with our craftsmen. With a strong appreciation for bookbinding traditions, our diaries capture the history and beauty of this old craft.