Our team of artisans, directed by master bookbinder Andrea, lovingly handcrafts each timeless Epica Journal in Florence, Italy. Andrea has spent 15 years reconstructing writings from the Middle Ages after receiving a degree in historic bookbinding from the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage. The creamy, high-quality archival writing material in our journals is made by Fabriano, Europe’s oldest paper factory.
Our museum-quality leather journals are handcrafted with the highest-quality materials and meticulous attention to detail, and include:
- 320 cream-colored archival pages with deckled edges are hand-cut and hand-stitched (160 paper leaves)
- Rich, distressed Italian leather with handmade abrasions and subtle color marbling.
- Hand-pressed hardcover panels for long-lasting stability.
- 320 white pages
- 28 pound acid-free paper stock
- Light green page marker
- Flyleaves that are green
- A lovely gift and keepsake pouch with an embroidered fleur de lis.
Epica diaries are the ultimate indulgence for authors and artists, and will be passed down through centuries. With three sizes to select from – 6×8, 8×10, and 11×15 – our notebooks are luxury, one-of-a-kind presents for both men and women.
We work hard at Epica to provide consumers with the finest handcrafted journals and photo albums and to guarantee that elegance pervades every element of our work, visiting Italy every year to create ties with our craftsmen. With a strong appreciation for bookbinding traditions, our diaries capture the history and beauty of this old craft.